- Mission Statement / Letter from the President
- Accreditations – Qualifications – Certifications
- NYCI History
- Consumer Information
Mission Statement / Letter from the President
On behalf of our entire faculty and staff, it is our pleasure to welcome you to New York Career Institute. We are pleased that you have an interest in our college and one of our three academic programs: Court Reporting, Paralegal or Medical Office Administration.
We have undergone many changes since our founding in 1941; however, throughout that time our commitment to our students has remained the same:
New York Career Institute provides individuals with a higher educational experience designed to prepare them for productive careers in contemporary fields. The College’s programs offer students the opportunity to build a foundation for lifelong financial independence and success in their professional lives.
NYCI has employed the following standards to support this mission:
- Provide a supportive learning environment characterized by a dedicated, caring, and highly qualified faculty and staff.
- Provide instruction and student services in a manner that emphasizes individual attention.
- Provide general education courses that develop cognitive learning through self-awareness, creative thinking, and analytical reasoning while contributing to the social, emotional, and academic development of students.
- Provide a safe and secure campus with facilities that enhance and encourage student learning.
We seek to accomplish our mission through the hard work of an experienced group of associates who are dedicated to one goal, the success of our students. Small class sizes, the ability for our students to receive assistance when necessary, our state-of-the-art technology, and a continuously updated curriculum provide the focus and tools for our efforts.
All of this assures that students receive relevant training in career areas that offer significant employment possibilities upon completion of their program. Opportunities for Paralegal and Medical Office Personnel remain strong and demand for Court Reporters is growing at an extremely rapid pace. The impact of broadcast captioning and Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART), utilized to support communication to the hearing impaired, has been extremely positive in creating new position openings.
Please accept our invitation to visit us and experience the personal attention that has been our hallmark for more than 70 years. We are conveniently located at 11 Park Place (4th Floor), one block from City Hall Park.